Rentaload operates throughout Europe in different business sectors to carry out battery tests for its customers.
These tests, which aim, among other things, to check the condition of the batteries as well as their aging over time, have some specificities that you need to know.
Discover on this page everything you need to know about battery tests.
- Why should you test your batteries?
- When should this type of test be performed?
- With what types of load banks?
Also discover the sectors of activity in which we operate and the services we offer in addition to the rental of load banks.
For more information, please feel free to contact us.
What to know about battery testing
Many establishments are equipped with batteries (datacenters, hospitals, etc.) to compensate for any failures in the power supply from the network. True battery walls, this equipment is considered “emergency equipment” since it contributes, with the inverters, to ensuring continuity of service within the infrastructure when a breakdown occurs.
Therefore, these batteries must be fully operational. The maintenance of this emergency equipment is an absolute requirement in order to guarantee continuity of service. A battery needs, depending on the technology, to be discharged and regenerated or simply tested to ensure its proper functioning and complete reliability.
Thus, to check their correct operation, we will test the batteries with direct current (DC) discharge benches . These tests will confirm (or not) that the batteries are indeed able to take over in the event of a failure of the main electrical network. The load banks thus provide a guarantee to the owner of the infrastructure in charge of the operation of the building in the future.
For more information on this subject, please contact us directly: email@example.com
Why should you test your batteries?
- To verify that the batteries operate in accordance with the technical specifications of the initial specifications;
- To check the condition of the batteries and their aging over time . This will allow, among other things, to predict future battery replacements;
- To verify that the batteries are capable of holding a 100% charge for a requested period;
- To verify that there are no hot spots requiring adjustments, configurations or reconfigurations.
When should you test your batteries?
Testing your batteries can take place at several times:
- At the installation to qualify your computer room: when the building is received, we come to test all the batteries of the infrastructure in order to check that they comply with the basic requirements and that everything works perfectly.
- Throughout the lifetime of your equipment : These are “periodic” tests that check that your batteries are still as operational as for your GE and inverter tests.
- After any maintenance to requalify your computer room: after a renovation for example, we come to retest the batteries of your infrastructure in order to check that they are still working as well.
With which load banks can you test your batteries?
The industries we work with
Services associated with the rental of load banks